Guide to Connect Canon Printer wifi setup
In this article, we have shown that how to make a canon printer wifi setup to your devices by yourself. We explained the complete procedure of connecting the Canon printer with wireless settings.
We try to explain these settings easily by using steps, you should follow these steps one by one to set up the Canon printer to the WiFi network.
The connection between a wireless Canon printer and a device you are using to give the commands to your printer is connecting through a shared connection or WiFi. Therefore, it is vital to connect the printer and computer to the same wifi network.
WPS Connection – To Connect Canon Printer with Wireless Network
Before applying this method, firstly make sure that your WiFi router has a WPS button. Also, the router must use a WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Start, Press the power button to switch “On” the printer. Also, switch on your WiFi router through WPS Button.
- After that using the touchscreen go to the Home menu and then press and hold the ‘WiFi’ button.
- Now, go to the option and select the ‘LAN Wireless set up’ and press ‘OK’. After, that the printer starts searching the access point of your wireless network.
- Choose your WiFi network from the list (named Canon in your router setting).
- After that, hit on the WiFi access point which will ask for a passphrase or a WPA Key. Now, fill in your WiFi password and then press the OK button.
- This process will take a few minutes to create a connection of Canon printer with your WiFi router access point.
- Now, the Canon printer and the router will connect automatically.
- When the connection is done then the power and the wifi light stop blinking and lighten up continuously.
How to Connect Canon Wifi printer on Windows
- The First step is that you have to connect the printer to the WiFi network and set it up (by following those steps mentioned in the above steps).
- Click on that link canon.com/ijsetup and download the driver of the printer.
- After that double click on the driver file and install it.
- Press Win Key +R to open the Run command
- Type this command -(control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters) in the Run dialog box.
- Click on the OK pop-up button.
- Now you will see the ‘Devices And Printers’ folder will open.
- After that, You will see the ‘Add Printer’ button on this window click on that button and follow the procedure that appears on the screen.
- After Completing the process click on OK.
- Now you’ve done the procedure to make canon printer wifi setup on Windows. You can test it by printing some pages and you can use it now.
Note – If you are connecting your Canon printer with your Laptop or PC by using a USB cable connection, First check that the PC and your printer are connected well through the USB cable. After that download and install the drivers as mentioned in the above steps.
How to Make Canon Printer Wifi Setup on MAC
After following these easy steps mentioned here you can set up the canon wireless printer on MAC:-
- First, Turn on your both Devices.
- After that connect the wifi network with your canon printer by following the steps one by one mentioned in the first section of this Article.
- Then, Click on the link canon.com/ijsetup. After reaching the website download your printer driver. Now install the driver.
- After that, click on the Apple menu > Click System and go to Preference.
- Then the next screen comes to choose the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- After that, you have to click on the + sign to add the printer.
- Now the pop-up screen comes on the window, select your Canon printer, and click on “add”.
- When your printer is added, Now on the left side of the screen, you can see your Printer’s name.
- and finally, you succeed to join your MAC with the wireless canon printer.
- For our more posts visit our Blog page.